Last month I shared some products that I use that help keep me organized (you can read about that here). One of those things is a planner. I am without a doubt a planner addict. I have tried them all, at every price tag, but in the end never stuck with one because it’s layout didn’t suit my needs. That has changed because my new planner from Emily Ley, The Simplified Planner.
It’s name says it all, it’s simple. Nothing fancy, just what you need. Each month has a calendar, then each day has a page. Each day page has time slots for 7am to 9pm where you can write your appointments. Then also a section to write your to do list tasks, meals, and notes. That’s it! But guess what, it’s all I need.
I started using academic versions since I really feel like my year starts in the fall. They also have so many beautiful covers, I opted for the white and gold polka dots with matching pen. It is on the thick side, but there is a page for every day of the year so it’s to be expected. They do have a weekly version if you don’t feel like you need a page for every day.
There are so many awesome planners out there and everyone’s needs are different. This one has been working out great for me and I highly recommend it.
I keep my makeup routine fairy similar (you can read about that here) But I love trying out new makeup so recently I purchased Tom Ford’s Traceless Stick Foundation and I have to tell you that I am OBSESSED.
I have never really been into stick foundations. The one’s that I have tried in the past were always so heavy and thick. They would just lay on top of my skin and muddy up after a few hours, I always ended up returning them. So I didn’t have high hopes for Tom’s Fords but I was definitely wrong
The price tag is steep at $85 but I have to say I think it is totally worth it. It is so easy to apply, I just swipe some product on my face and blend it with a damp beauty blender. It literally melts right into my skin and give me such a flawless finish. It’s matte without being dry. It gives a good medium to full coverage and you can easily build it up in areas you may need a little more coverage in. I also think the stick itself will last quite a long time since you don’t need a lot of product.
I will say you should go in the store to get matched. I am pretty good at picking out my color online and I would of guessed for this I would of been a 6 Neutral. However by going into Nordstrom’s and trying out some colors I was actually a 5.5 Bisque. The 5.5 Bisque is darker then the 6 Neutral so know the color’s don’t necessarily go in order from light to dark. Also just for reference I typically wear a a 6 in Georgio Armani Luminous Silk and a NC35 in MAC, my skin is pretty neutral with some yellow undertones.
Tom Ford’s Traceless Stick Foundation is definitely going to be my new go foundation. In fact I have been using it every single day since I got it
When I was pregnant I had a custom closet put in my son’s nursery. It wasn’t just for aesthetic purposes, is just really helps keep my organized.
When he was born we got so many wonderful gifts from people. I just can’t keep them all out at one time, so blankets, stuffed animals, piggy banks, etc I swap out once in awhile to change up the accessories in his room and keep the one’s that are currently being stored away up on the top shelves. I like to keep all of the shoes that currently fit him out so I can see them too. One’s that are still too big I store in a basket on the shelf.
I keep jeans, pants, and shorts folded on the shelf as well. He is in between sizes right now so on the left I keep his 24 months and on the right his 2t.
Hanging on the left I keep his short sleeve tops. I try to keep t-shirts and polos together so I can easily grab what I am looking for. On the bottom left is his outerwear like jackets and vests. On the top right are all of this long sleeve shirts and button downs. Middle right is sweaters and sweatshirts. And bottom right will be for any nice clothes that are still a size too big that I pick up or he gets as gifts.
I love having these drawers in the middle too. On the top I keep hats and accessories. Under that is swimwear and holiday pj’s that I am waiting to break out. Under that is for play clothes and pj’s that don’t fit him yet and are the next size up (I really like to buy ahead). And on the bottom is his hamper.
Keeping everything organized like this really helps me get him dressed and ready so much faster in the morning.
There can be a level of confusion when it comes to buying Hunter Boots. There are always so many questions regarding size, style and fit. With Fall almost here I thought it would be a great time to share my tips on buying Hunter boots.
- If in between sizes, size down. Hunter boots only come in whole sizes, I am a solid 6.5 and got these in a 6 and they fit perfectly. I even have room to wear the Welly socks with them. However if I was a whole size I would order my true size.
- Decide if you want short or tall? I am 5’2″ and wearing the tall boots in the original gloss. The shaft height is 14″ on the tall and 10″ on the short. I do think I should of went with the short version since I am so petite, they would probably look a little better on me and not overwhelm my legs so much.
- Get the Kids version. If you are wear a 7.5 or smaller you are one of the lucky ones who can buy the kids version and pay $80 instead of $148! The shaft height is 12″ too so it’s the perfect cross between the tall and short. The rule of thumb is to size down 2 sizes, so if you are a size 7 get a size 5 in kids.
- They aren’t a winter boot. Hunter boots are for the spring and fall, they are a rain boot. They are not going to keep your feet warm but the socks do help a ton and I highly recommend getting them.
- Do you want glossy or matte finish? I prefer the shiny glossy finish over the matte. I think they just look better but I also like that they don’t bloom as much (get that white powdery substance which is completely normal for high quality rubber but could be an annoyance.)
- There are other versions that may suit your needs. If you have a wide calf you can get the Huntress or the Adjustable Calf. And if you travel often you may want to consider the Tour version since they roll up and will pack easily.
- Decide what color you want. This is the funnest part. Hunter boots come in so many colors. You can get a neutral that goes with everything or get a bright color to add a fun pop to your outfit.
I really love my Hunter’s, they are perfect to wear out in the elements. If your running errands, taking the dog for a walk, or standing in a soaking wet field for one of your kids sporting events. They look great and serve an even greater purpose!