One of my favorite hobbies has always been makeup (who knew that even was a hobby lol). I love to buy it and try out new products, heck I even received my professional makeup artist’s certification a few years back just for the fun of it. I’ve always been the one my friends go to for makeup advice, product recommendations, or to do their makeup for them.
I decided to share my current makeup routine and my favorite products and how I use them. There is a lot so I will have to split it up into a few separate posts. To start here are all of my favorite makeup products for the face that I use to create the perfect canvas.
- I do my makeup once in the morning and it needs to last me all day so I always start with a good primer. I love this one by NARS, its oil free and smells so refreshing. I also really like Benefit’s Poreprofessional.
- My #1 foundation that I love and recommend to everyone is Georgio Armani’s Luminous Silk. It gives your skin such a nice, natural look with just the right amount of coverage. It lasts all day too when you set it with powder. It isn’t cakey and doesn’t get muddy looking throughout the day. I wear shade #6. To apply, I put it on the back of my hand, then using the Sigma flat kabuki brush (F80) I just buff it into my skin until it is even and I achieve the coverage I want.
- Before I set my foundation I do my under eyes. The first thing I do is dab on a little of Becca’s Under Eye Brightening Corrector with my finger, then pat it into my skin with a damp beauty blender. I then cover my entire under-eye (until I am about equal to half way down my nose) with Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer – Light – Medium. I again just press it into my skin with my damp beauty blender, careful not to rub, just pat the color in until it is all blended. If my circles are really bad I then lightly press Laura Mercier’s Secret Camouflage Concealer (in S-3) into the actual dark part of the circle to lighten it up. I also put this going up and down my nose using my finger to cover up some of my freckles. I then use the beauty blender to pick up Laura Mercier’s Translucent powder and pat that on over the concealer I just applied to set it.
- Next I take my Tarte Foundation Brush and the Georgio Armani Foundation Powder (in #4) and set my foundation. I also dust off any loose translucent powder from under my eye.
- I typically just contour my cheek bones and use this or this to apply the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (which is hands down my favorite matte bronzer)
If it’s a ‘no makeup’ makeup day then I will just apply Smashbox’s CC cream using my fingers. I am also a concealer junkie and have tried almost all of them. Here are a couple of others that I use and always recommend:
–Cle de Peau in Ocher
–Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Custard
–Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer- in x5. This stuff is thick but gives the ultimate coverage. You only need to tiniest bit.
You can shop all the products I mentioned below. Ultimately everyone’s skin is different and you just need to figure out what works best for you, it’s all trial and error. Next week I am going to share all of my eye makeup must haves. XO